Friday 9 November 2012

Questionnaire response

When analysing my questionnaire responses, some questions were revealed to contain mixed responses where as a small majority favoured one particular audience answer. My audience were all of the same age range being either 15 or 16 years old.

For my first question I asked my audience to specify their gender so that I have an idea of preferences by either gender. This may allow me to create a pattern within my results.


When looking at  my results above in a graphical format, this shows that all my audience were in agreement that both male and female characters should be included within my thriller. I feel this result came about due to the majority of films including multi gendered characters.

Next, the question asked was; 'Which characters portray a thriller best?'. Here I am accounting for the actions of both the antagonist and protagonist. For this, I gained a variety of different answers, with a male psycho and female victim coming out top on pole. I think this result was gained due to most thrillers consisting of this concept and the fact of the male gender being generally much stronger than the female.













When asked; 'Should the assassin be...' the majority of my audience answered with, your normal everyday person. In opposition none of my audience answered with a past criminal. I think this was the result because this convention would build anxiety and suspense due to the mysterious characteristics of the antagonist.


My next question was; ' what sub genre to a thriller do you prefer?' For this question I gave my audience three options to choose from. Out of these, two battled close to appear on top. Though, the favourable of my pole was a psychological sub genre. Psychological thrillers are popular due to the suspended anxiety and tension that the genre creates upon the audience within the mind.


Looking at my next question displayed in a graph, it is clearly visible that the preferred location for my thriller to be taken out is within an unknown location. By this I mean a location unidentifiable by the audience. This means that mystery would be suspended upon the audience due to consolidation.


For my seventh question I choose to ask a multiple choice question. Here, I offered a choice of 6 possibilities to the question; 'What elements do you like within a thriller film?'. From this only half proved to be popular with my teenage audience. Top came mystery, jointly followed by suspense and death showing that horror could possibly be a popular sub genre.


My next question targeted my audience more specifically; 'What is your favourite thriller film?' For this, I gave a list of possibilities to avoid the question of having to define the thriller genre. From this, the thriller, Inception was most popular. Following this question I asked my audience to explain why. Answers such as, 'It plays with your mind' and because 'It creates tension and suspense' were given to back up this favourable film. This was closely followed by the 2010 Dark Knight.


Finally my last question was; 'Which use of sound do you think creates more suspense?' Here I aimed for the literacy device of sound to see what makes my audience more anxious. It was revealed that twisted children's nursery rhymes did the job best. I think this is because nursery rhymes are related to young children who are of pure innocence, so having them twisted shows disturbance.



No comments:

Post a Comment