Wednesday 10 October 2012

Short thriller ideas

when contemplating a couple of thriller ideas for my own movie, I came up with the two ideas of;

1). Set amongst a small, everyday family. A stranger or monster is thought to be lurking within the house, though under cover having never been seen. Mysterious things are happening around the house, terror spreads through the family in fright. Though, unknown to the older family members, the child is the demon, locked inside.
2). A girl, that people believe to be mentally unstable tells stories of being taken into the woods by a stranger and beaten. This event happens but unknown to the police, they don't believe the girl but instead suggest that she is mad. One night, she comes home from work to find her older sister missing even though the house looks untouched. She tells the story of her sister having the same fate as she once did but having no one to believe her, she goes on a mission to find her sister herself, ending up in same position as she once was before. Faced with her assassin.

2 comments:

  1. 2 plausible ideas, Nicole. Both of these would be quite straight forward to shoot around here. How would you open each one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were to film either one of my thriller ideas, I would open each by setting the scene.
    In my first idea, I would scene the recent events that have been happening. This would immediately created anxiety amongst the audience because unknown to them, it is a mystery to what or whom has been lurking within the house, causing these disturbances.
    Again, the same aspect applies within my second idea. I would open my thriller by capturing disturbing scenes. These would be of what happened to the girl presumed mentally ill. Though, the story of this would still be unknown with having only quick flashbacks of what happened to the young girl. This would prepare the audience using conventions of tension and suspense.

    ReplyDelete